Welcome to Kindergarten
This week’s Newsletter
1. Teachers Pay Teachers giftcard
2. Target giftcard
3. Amazon giftcard
4. Wishlist on Scholastic.com
5. Book bins
6. Leveled readers
7. BOB books
January Science Donations
1. Jan. 2: Mitten Mania- Are mittens really warm?
2. Jan. 8: Making Rock Candy- How can we grow crystals?
a. Sugar (9 cups)
c. Microwave safe glass jars (6)
d. Food coloring
3. Jan. 16: Arctic Freeze- How do arctic animals stay warm?
b. Ziploc bag (2)
4. Jan. 23: Making Ice Cream- How is ice cream made?
a. Half and half (3 cups)
b. Vanilla (3 tsp)
c. Sugar (6 T)
d. Salt (12 T)
e. Ziploc bags- sandwich and gallon (6 of each)
Dec. 16-Jan 1: Christmas Break
Jan 2: School resumes
Jan 15: No school (MLK Jr. Day)
Jan. 19: End of Quarter 2
Jan. 22: No school (Teacher work day)
Jan. 26: Grandparent’s Day
Sight words: one, two, three, down, blue, red, yellow, big, funny, find, jump, make, can, see, not, do, of, come, my
One vowel rule
Initial vowel sound
Families: 80, 90
Addition families: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Counting by 10’s
Mitten Mania- Are mittens really warm?
Making Rock Candy- How can we grow crystals?
Arctic Freeze- How do arctic animals stay warm?
Making Ice Cream- How is ice cream made?
Bible Verses: Philippians 4:13; Psalm 23
Writing for a Reason